Part-Time Administrative Position
Virginia LCV seeks a part-time administrator to help support the organization’s core operational functions.
About the Organization: The Virginia League of Conservation Voters is a statewide, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization whose mission is to preserve Virginia’s natural resources for future generations. The Virginia League serves as the political voice of the state’s conservation community, working to make sure Virginia’s elected officials recognize that our natural heritage is an environmental and economic treasure for all.
Virginia LCV consists of a family of organizations; Virginia League of Conservation Voters, Virginia League of Conservation Voters Education Fund and Virginia League of Conservation Voters Political Action Committee. We work to secure policies that benefit Virginia’s environment, elect conservationists to office, hold them accountable for their actions, and build a conservation majority in state government. Visit www.valcv.org, www.valcvef.org, and www.valcvpac.org for more information.
- Assist with the execution of the day-to-day financial operations of three separate organizational entities; a 501(c)(4), 501(c)(3) and a Political Action Committee
- Deposit checks using Onsite Deposit
- Update accounts payable with vendors and internally between entities, securing proper approval for payments
- Provide financial management support through different mechanisms, such as monitoring bank accounts
- Support development and fundraising efforts by tracking donations and sending acknowledgement letters
- Breakout personnel, operating, travel, and communications expenses by entity (c3, c4, PAC) and class
- Assist with the recording of all financial transactions in QuickBooks, using proper Account and Class coding
- Reconcile bank statements, accounts payable between entities, SBE COMET (PAC income and expenditures), and Databank revenue reports with QuickBooks
- PAC Reporting: Record all PAC income and expenditures with SBE, file large contribution reports as needed, and submit quarterly reports
- Prepare and submit yearly reports with VDACS and SCC
- Manage Non-Employee Compensation by maintaining independent contractor records, and preparing and mailing 1099’s, as well as submitting 1096 with IRS annually
- Prepare books and documents for accountant related to IRS 990s
- Maintain and organize paper and electronic filing (Dropbox) systems for both financial and organizational records
- Oversight of Gmail, Google Calendar, and Dropbox access for Director of Finance
- Answer phones, greet visitors, and respond to/forward emails
- Report maintenance issues to Director of Finance as needed
- Order office supplies
- Provide assistance to all staff in mailings, program activities, and event planning
- Other duties as assigned
- Commitment to the vision and mission of Virginia LCV
- Must enjoy working in a small office as key member of a great, hard-working and fun team
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, organizational, and verbal/writing skills
- Bookkeeping experience with QuickBooks
- Experience with Windows Office Suite and Adobe
- Ability to work independently, solve problems and complete assignments under short deadlines
- Must be able to manage own time, set priorities and shift readily between various assignments
Salary and Benefits: Nonprofit salary commensurate with experience + benefits
To apply/contact: Send cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to Jobs@valcv.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Virginia LCV Education Fund is always looking for motivated interns interested in conservation work in our beautiful state. Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in conservation.